- The Foley Balloon Catheter is used to drain urine from the bladder into the urine bag. A nurse/ doctor inserts an indwelling catheter into the bladder through the urethra. The tube has two channels/ lumens. One lumen is used to attach urine bag and the other lumen is used to inflate the balloon. The balloon is inflated with sterile water when it lies inside the bladder to stop it from slipping out.
- Catheter made from two different materials, PVC and siliconised natural latex rubber.
- Connector design with (2&3) lumens, one lumen helps to drain urine into bag.
- 2 lumen holds the sterile water when the catheter is inflated and is also used to deflate the balloon.
- Third lumen provides a path for continuous bladder irrigation.
- Non-return valve of catheter allows flow of urine and prevents from leakage.
- Color coded for easy size identification.
- Sterile, single use.
High Flow Features:
It has a 4-layers which are developed to address the common problem of catheter blockage and failure.
- Layer 1: The inner-most layer: Made from non-stick silicon, deters salt encrustation from attaching itself to the catheter's inner surface,
- Layer 2: The second layer: It is made from a special high-strength polymer which provides strength to the catheter wall while allowing a larger lumen size. This larger lumen size minimizes blockages caused by encrustation.
- Layer 3: The third layer: It is made from low-protein latex with suitable antioxidants which increases the shelf-life of the catheter.
- Layer 4: The fourth layer: This is the outer most silicon layer which minimizes the occurrence of allergy and irritation when the catheter comes in contact with skin and thereby it acts as a protective layer for the patient.